Press Release 4/28/2020 – Recreation Facilities Use Update
COVID-19 restricted use update as of April 28, 2020. People should be prepared for state and local public health orders to be extended, amended, or changed as needed to protect public health. This means it may be necessary to move between “Stay at Home” and Safer at Home” levels during this pandemic. When out in public, be responsible for yourself and others by wearing a mask and washing your hands frequently.
- Outdoor Basketball/Volleyball Courts – open for individual use or household use (limit use to 60 minutes if others are waiting)
- Tennis Courts – open for household use only or one person use of backboard or personal ball machine. Do not pick up other’s balls on court and limit use to 60 minutes if others are waiting.
- Disc Golf – remains open with current precautions
- Golf Course – remains open with current precautions
- Playgrounds – remain closed
- Park Pavilions – open for use of 10 or less
- Trails/River – remain open
- Ballfields/Soccer Fields – open for individual or household use (limit use to 60 minutes if others are waiting)
- Dog Parks – remain open
- Skate Park/Pump Track – open with restrictions. No more than 10 people may use at one time and no touching of features like metal coping and rails.
The City of Alamosa is a multicultural community of 9,000+ centrally located in the San Luis Valley of Southern Colorado. The City was incorporated in 1878 and is the gateway to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve where more than 525,000 visitors enjoy Colorado’s natural beauty each year. For more information, visit us at www.cityofalamosa.org.