Press Release 4/10/2020 – Trail Etiquette
The City of Alamosa Trail Network has seen a noticeable increase in usage this past month as weather warms, trails dry, and COVID-19 limits other forms of recreation. City trails can remain open to the public as long as users follow appropriate social distancing measures.
With the increase in trail usage, we remind residents to take the following actions to promote trail stewardship.
1) Pack it in, pack it out — do not litter and pick up dog waste.
2) Keep your dog on a leash. Aside from designated dog parks, your dog must be on a leash at all times.
3) Stay on the trail. Wandering off trail impacts vegetation and wildlife habitat.
4) If you see illegal activity, report it to Alamosa Dispatch at (719) 589-5807.
5) If you encounter a trail maintenance issue, you can fill out an online form at alamosarec.org > outdoor recreation > trails.
6) Please do your part to keep trails open and safe for everyone. Mind the 6’ social distancing rule, and bring a mask to cover up with when passing others on trails.
The City of Alamosa is a multicultural community of 9,000+ centrally located in the San Luis Valley of Southern Colorado. The City was incorporated in 1878 and is the gateway to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve where more than 525,000 visitors enjoy Colorado’s natural beauty each year. For more information, visit us at www.cityofalamosa.org.