10 TIPS to SAVE WATER THIS SEASON
- Avoid the Wind – Avoid watering during windy weather
- Let it Rain – Avoid watering when it’s raining
- Check it Monthly. Monitor your sprinklers on a monthly basis
- Shut it Off – When using a hose make sure it has an automatic shut-off valve
- Fix Leaks – Check for leaks on a regular basis with sprinkler equipment, faucets, and pool/spa structures, and fix them as soon as possible
- Sweep it Up – Use a broom instead of a hose when cleaning a driveway, patios, and sidewalks
- More Mulch – Add a layer of of mulch around your landscaped areas, this will help keep the water in and the weeds out.
- Mow Less – Mow your lawn leaving it two to three inches tall, this will help keep your turf healthy & will help fend off weeds, drought, and disease.
- Lawn Care – Give your lawn proper care with aerating and fertilizing, this will help your lawn stay healthy and water reach the roots
- Plant it Right – Learn more about grasses and plants that prefer less water
Water Efficiency Plan
Water Use Calculator
Indoor Water Saving Tips
Turf Watering Schedule
Water Smart Gardens