10 TIPS to SAVE WATER IN YOUR HOME
- Turn it Off – Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth or shaving, you can save about three gallons of water a minute
- Cut it Short – A five-minute shower or under can save you about 30 gallons of water a day
- Upgrade Old Toilets – Replace your toilet with a WaterSenseⓇ labeled toilet
- Upgrade Appliances – Replace older washing machines and dishwashers with water-efficient models
- Wash Full Loads Only – Wash full loads of clothes & dishes; the average American household uses about 23% of its water in these washers
- Install a High-Efficiency Showerhead and Faucet Aerator – You could save about one gallon per minute.
- Fix It – Check for leaks and fix them as soon as possible.
- Save the Rinse – Don’t rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, this can use as much water as the dishwasher.
- Keep an Eye On It – Monitor your water bill for unusually high use. A high water bill could mean there is a leak
- Mellow Out – If it’s yellow let it mellow and if it’s brown flush it down.
Water Efficiency Plan
Water Use Calculator
Turf Watering Schedule
Water Smart Gardens
Outdoor Water Saving Tips