The offices of the City Clerk and the Municipal Court will be closing at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 10, 2022 in order for staff to attend training.
The City of Alamosa is closed on Friday, November 11, 2022 for Veteran’s Day.
Anyone needing to make payments on their court fines/fees can do so by:
- Mailing the payment to 300 Hunt Avenue or dropping off in the drop box outside city hall.
- Paying online at: https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/alamosaco/court/search
- Calling the payment in over the phone at: 1-866-296-2736.
*To pay online or over the phone, you will need your citation number.
For any business needing to be done with the City Clerk, please email email@example.com.
Regular business hours will resume on Monday, November 14, 2022. If you have questions, please call the Clerk’s office at (719) 589-2272.
The Alamosa Municipal Court has returned to in person court hearings. All hearings are held in person at the Court in Council Chambers, 300 Hunt Avenue
During court days, the following will be enforced:
- Facemasks are REQUIRED while in the courtroom and interacting with Court staff.
- Everyone entering the courtroom will be requested to use hand sanitizer prior to entering.
- All parties entering the courtroom will have their temperature checked prior to entering. Anyone with a temperature over 100.3 or higher will be requested to leave.
- If you are considered an At-Risk individual, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are an individual experiencing any signs of illness, DO NOT come to the court. Any persons showing signs of illness will not be allowed in the courtroom. Contact the Court Clerks to reschedule your hearing.
For questions and/or concerns, or to confirm your court date, please contact the Court by phone at (719) 589-2272 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly Martinez, City Clerk/Court Administrator
Susanna Gallegos, Deputy Clerk
Angela Yohn, Deputy Clerk
The municipal court handles citations issued by the Alamosa Police Department and Adams State Police Department for traffic, parking and ordinance violations. Alamosa Municipal Court is a court of record with court sessions held four times a month. Arraignments are held on the first Monday of every month (Tuesday if the Monday falls on a holiday); while all other hearings are held on the remaining three court dates of the month. Please see the court calendar above for the scheduled court dates of the month. Court dockets are posted online 1-2 days prior to the court date.
The municipal court has the jurisdiction to hear and determine all cases arising under the Charter and Code of Ordinance of the City of Alamosa. Final decisions of the Court are subject to appeal to the District Court in the manner provided by law for appeals from a municipal court to the applicable district court.
The City Prosecutor is the legal counsel representing the City of Alamosa in matters involving violations of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Alamosa. If you have received a summons for court for a traffic or misdemeanor violation, you may speak to the City Prosecutor regarding your case. Please visit the Legal page of the City of Alamosa for more information.
Citations that are issued by the Colorado State Patrol or Alamosa County Sheriff’s Department are handled by the Combined Court System (Alamosa County and District Court). To contact the combined courts, please call (719) 589-4996.