The Alamosa Municipal Court will resume In Person Trial Dockets beginning August 4, 2020. All other hearings will continue to be held virtually via a Zoom Meeting until further notice.
To confirm your court date, or for all other questions and/or concerns, please contact the Court by phone at (719) 589-2272 or by email at email@example.com.
During court days, the following will be enforced:
- Only the defendant(s) and witnesses(s) are allowed to be present in the courtroom. All other parties must wait outside the City Hall building.
- Everyone entering the courtroom will be requested to use hand sanitizer prior to entering.
- Facemasks are required in the City Hall building, as well as in the courtroom.
- All parties entering the courtroom will have their temperature checked prior to entering. Anyone with a temperature of 100.3 or higher will be requested to leave.
- No children are allowed in the courtroom.
- The courtroom is limited to *10* people (including staff) at a time. Chairs will be spaced accordingly for social distancing.
- If you are considered an At-Risk individual, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are an individual experiencing any signs of illness, DO NOT come to the court. Any persons showing signs of illness will not be allowed in the courtroom. Contact the Court Clerks to reschedule your hearing.
Holly Martinez, Court Administrator
Susanna Gallegos, Deputy Clerk
Lachelle Montano, Deputy Clerk
The municipal court handles citations issued by the Alamosa Police Department and Adams State Police Department for traffic, parking and ordinance violations. Alamosa Municipal Court is a court of record with court sessions held four times a month. Arraignments are held on the first Monday of every month (Tuesday if the Monday falls on a holiday); while all other hearings are held on the remaining three court dates of the month. Please see the court calendar above for the scheduled court dates of the month. Court dockets are posted online 1-2 days prior to the court date.
The municipal court has the jurisdiction to hear and determine all cases arising under the Charter and Code of Ordinance of the City of Alamosa. Final decisions of the Court are subject to appeal to the District Court in the manner provided by law for appeals from a municipal court to the applicable district court.
The City Prosecutor is the legal counsel representing the City of Alamosa in matters involving violations of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Alamosa. If you have received a summons for court for a traffic or misdemeanor violation, you may speak to the City Prosecutor regarding your case. Please visit the Legal page of the City of Alamosa for more information.
Citations that are issued by the Colorado State Patrol or Alamosa County Sheriff’s Department are handled by the Combined Court System (Alamosa County and District Court). To contact the combined courts, please call (719) 589-4996.