The City will provide a compassionate, welcoming and collaborative environment for its residents, visitors and businesses. Alamosa will be a driver of business friendly economic development while valuing and embracing our rich heritage and history of ethnic and cultural diversity.
We are committed to providing balanced, effective and efficient public services for our residents, visitors and businesses by cultivating a vibrant, resilient and livable city.
- Sustainable Stewardship
- Service Oriented
The City of Alamosa, a charter city, operates under the Council-Manager form of government
Under this system, the Council establishes the policies under which the City operates and appoints a trained and experienced City Manager to administer the affairs of the City
The city manager shall be responsible to the Council for the proper administration of all the affairs of the city, and to that end she/he shall have power and be required to execute the duties as follows:
- Except as such power may be specifically otherwise designated herein, appoint and, when necessary for the good of the service, remove all heads of departments and employees of the city
- See that the laws and ordinances of the city are enforced
- Prepare the annual budget proposal and submit it to the Council and be responsible for the administration of the budget after adoption by the Council
- Participate in discussions of the Council in an advisory capacity
Prepare for the Council and make available for public inspection a monthly report of activities in each department under this jurisdiction
- Prepare and submit to the Council at the end of the fiscal year a complete report on the finances and the administrative activities of the city for the preceding year, and shall make written or oral reports to the Council, when required by it, as to any particular matters relative to the affairs of the city under his supervision
- Keep the Council advised of the financial condition of the city, and make such recommendations to the Council for adoption as she/he may deem necessary or expedient
- Except as herein otherwise provided, exercise supervision and control over all executive and administrative departments created herein or that may be created hereafter by the Council