The Development Services Department is responsible for managing the City's built environment and creating a livable community that balances the needs of residents, businesses, property owners and visitors. The Department also assists other departments in coordinating multi-departmental work efforts to address a wide range of issues including land-use studies, transportation planning and water conservation. The Department provides the following services:
- Development review for new construction and site plans
- Sign review and approval
- Supports the Planning and Zoning Commission and Historic Preservation Commission
- Develops long-range and city master planning
- Reviews complex Conditional Use, Variance, Non-conforming Use, Temporary Use, and Administrative Adjustment Petitions for compliance with the Zoning Regulations.
- Processes rezoning and Use Permit applications.
- Assists in answering citizen questions and resolving issues. Responds to zoning verification and interpretation requests.
- Researches zoning areas, restrictions, allowances, and ordinances of addresses and parcels for citizens.
- Administers subdivision plat process.
- Assists with the preparation and execution of annexation petitions, annexation agreements, development agreements, lease agreements, and other documents related to land use and development.
- Dispenses information on zoning, property information, and the history of the City.
- Reviews subdivision and annexation packages for accuracy and completeness.
The folders below contain all the required forms to be submitted for each application type. Please download and complete all the necessary forms. Applications can be returned to the Public Works office, mailed, or submitted digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org