City of Alamosa: Disaster Proclamation
City of Alamosa: COVID-19 Preparedness
Alamosa County: Alamosa County Public Health
Local information about cases and how to contact a physician: San Luis Valley Health
State-wide guidance and general COVID-19 information: Colorado Department of Health
NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 AND MUNICIPAL COURT OPERATIONS
The Alamosa Municipal Court remains open and dockets are still to proceed as scheduled. However, we understand the concern about COVID-19 and request the following:
For those who are scheduled to appear for Court, the following will apply:
- Social distancing is encouraged and courtroom access will be limited to only those who are required to be there. (i.e., Defendant, Witnesses, Attorneys). All others will not be permitted in and should stay home or wait outside City Hall.
- If any scheduled defendants have concerns regarding exposure to COVID-19, they may request to continue their case or appear by telephone. Please contact the court at (719) 589-2272.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE MUNICIPAL COURT IF:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have not received a subsequent test confirming that you are currently virus-free;
- You have been in direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past fourteen days;
- You are experiencing any signs of illness including: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other respiratory illness symptoms.
If any of these criteria apply, please call the Clerk’s Office at (719) 589-2272 to reschedule your court date or request to appear by telephone if you are not represented by an attorney. If you are represented by an attorney, contact your attorney to file a request for a continuance or a telephone appearance.
If you are subpoenaed as a witness in a case, please contact the attorney or party issuing the subpoena to explain the circumstances and discuss the options available.