Holly Martinez, Court Administrator
Susanna Gallegos, Deputy Clerk
Lachelle Montano, Deputy Clerk
The municipal court handles citations issued by the Alamosa Police Department and Adams State Police Department for traffic, parking, and ordinance violations.
Alamosa Municipal Court is a court of record, held every 1st, 2nd, and 4th Monday for Sentencings and every 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesday for Trials and Pre-Trials.
Arraignments (1st appearance) are handled by the clerks in the court office on or before the arraignment date on the citation. The defendant is given their rights and enters a plea.
- Guilty or No Contest plea with a fine specified on the citation
- Defendant may pay the fine or make payment arrangments.
- Guilty or No Contest plea with no fine specified
- Will be set for a sentencing date before the Judge.
- Not Guilty plea
- A trial date will be set.
- Penalty assessment citations (4 points or less) that are paid or postmarked within 20 days of the issue date will result in an automatic point reduction. See back of citation for details.
- A deferred sentence may be requested.
- Not Guilty plea – a trial date will be set.
Citations issued by the State Patrol or Sheriff’s Department and are for DUI, DWAI, expired tags, revoked licenses, domestic, divorce, custody, civil, small claims or felonies are handled by the Combined Court system. Please call (719) 589-4996.